Heavy duty cam chains

Nickel

Would like to ask if somebody has experience with that.

I know there are hd cam chain available from DID; RK and Tsubaki.

What are the best? Research says that Tsubaki are good choice, but can't find any order codes for these ones to use in GSXR1100 oilcooled engine.

I found one supplier here in Germany but from my point of view the price is too expensive.

May be direct order at Tsubaki would safe money.

Does anybody has some more information, or  experience with other hd cam chains?

Thank in advance

Used Tsubaki and DID - std and HD and couldn't tell the difference - only broke a chain once and that was a std, and probably at 'end of life' anyway!

Personally unless going mega on cams and rpm's i'd stick with std from either of the above. If you've got a Blandit crank to use, then the Hyvo chain is stronger!

21 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

the Hyvo chain is stronger!

A hyvo chain might be stronger because of the extra layer of links but it doesn't mean that they don't wear as bad. No problem with the links stretching, it's the roller pins that wear with grooves from the links. 

Top pic is a new replacement hyvo b12 cam chain, the bottom pic is the old chain, which was an inch longer. No wonder the timing was slightly off! O.o

20180705_150032.jpg

20180705_164902.jpg

20180705_150155.jpg

20180705_165016.jpg

• Like 2
18 hours ago, jonny1bump said:

You know they stopped making endless Tsubaki you got to join them now like your drive chain. Really don't know while they done this.

In retrospect no biggie put nothing like having a factory joined chain.

Many Many Moons ago when I did my GS7/10 I bought a H/D cam chain amongst other bits from NCK .."some will remember"

Grandad Nash counted the links of a roll of chain and riveted it together on the vice that was on the end of the counter and said there ya go lad .....:tu

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Duckndive said:

Many Many Moons ago when I did my GS7/10 I bought a H/D cam chain amongst other bits from NCK .."some will remember"

Grandad Nash counted the links of a roll of chain and riveted it together on the vice that was on the end of the counter and said there ya go lad .....:tu

'Spose no chain is endless until it's joined LOL!