GSXR 1100M crank cases won’t split!

Mcelroy434

Ok, so I am almost certain I have every bolt out (referenced both Haynes and OEM manual)  including the one behind the clutch and the nut behind the clutch and under the final drive sprocket. The retaining plate over the drive sprocket is off and the plate on the input shaft is off. I have tried both pry points lightly and seen the case separating by about half a mm in that area, but the thing won’t come apart! 

Is there any tricks I am missing here or possible causes? 

Thanks for any advice 

35 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

you have taken the ignition pick up plate off ???:tu

and dont pry the cases apart use the two 8mm jacking points that Suzuki fitted to the cases.:)

Lol yeah I’m doing a full rebuild so there is nothing else left on the engine at all except what I can’t get too until splitting

Interestingly I just found this part photo on mega zip which is different to that in the manual. It shows an extra M6 bolt that’s inside the sump (No 4 on photo) I have only removed the 2 main crank bolts from inside the sump. Can anybody confirm there is an extra M6 long bolt that sits inside the sump footprint?

1540B1C1-8FEE-4E97-B167-FA626E5F05B3.jpeg

Ok guys, I can confirm that long 6mm bolt holding the second oil tube was indeed the issue and does go through to the top case! Pulled straight apart afterwards. Very annoying since both Haynes and OEM manual do not mention it!!

thanks for all the suggestions and help, hopefully this thread will serve a future first timer in an 1100 pull down! 

• Like 2