TMR MJN's on 1216

Jay_111

Anyone fitted these carbs to their bike with a 1216 kit?

I have some 41mm fancy Yoshimura TMR MJN's and wondering how much jetting will be needed. Ive heard mixed things about these as far as jetting goes so Im after some first hand experience if you have any?

Cheers

Jay

Edited by Jay_111

From a m8's experience with a 1216 and FCR41's - unless you are seeking a 'pub bragging rights' big HP number or are racing with lots of WOT running, they are not a happy marriage on the road. They will function, but the low end and mid range will be disappointing. His dyno'd at 160+hp with the FCR's - now gone back to RS36's @ 155hp and monster mid-range! Your choice!

1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

From a m8's experience with a 1216 and FCR41's - unless you are seeking a 'pub bragging rights' big HP number or are racing with lots of WOT running, they are not a happy marriage on the road. They will function, but the low end and mid range will be disappointing. His dyno'd at 160+hp with the FCR's - now gone back to RS36's @ 155hp and monster mid-range! Your choice!

Not FCR’s mate as like you said they aren’t good on the road, but TMR MJN’s are a different prospect altogether, or at least that’s why I’ve been led to believe :)

Edited by Jay_111
1 hour ago, Jay_111 said:

Not FCR’s mate as like you said they aren’t good on the road, but TMR MJN’s are a different prospect altogether, or at least that’s why I’ve been led to believe :)

Don't you have contacts with Nathan who built the Dunlop Xr69?

That motor must be a similar spec to your's.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah sort of, so I initially ordered the 41's for GSXR1100 91/92 fitment and they would be preset for a stock motor. I am now strongly considering the 40mm versions for the Inazuma with dual stack funnels instead. Both sets would need re-jetting mains at least for a 1216.