Gs 1000

micktodd

fortunately for you, suzuki front ends from the era are pretty generic. but not completely. the shafty gs models 850 and 1000 have leading axle forks, so if you want a new front end you need to take this into account. whilst gs chain drive and gsx1100 forks will fit in the yokes, theyre central axle forks so the trail will be affected. if you plan to buy forks and yokes and wheel, theen any gs1000 chain drive from any year, gsx1100et,  gsx1100ez,  as well as 750 will fit and theey arent expensive cos there aree thousands of theem propping up doors in sheds afteer owners have swapped them for modern stuff.

Johnr, I've never seen a standard G model with leading axle forks. I've got 2 850s and neither have them. GL models have a leading axle fork

Micktodd, if you looking for an older front end, the best is an 84 GK (touring bike) which has 41 mm tubes. Straight swap

Most newer forks will fit with minor modifications, 90s Katanas have the closest swap, the stem is the same. Bandit front ends need a stem swap

my bike is a us import and does have leading axle forks the back end has been changed to no suspension so  may put back to stock then decide on front just want nice clean front end  so can put 1" bars and do away with clocks  and bits its been changed to a bobber style not my doing i bought it that way

132346506627_1.jpg

Edited by micktodd
10 hours ago, micktodd said:

my bike is a us import and does have leading axle forks the back end has been changed to no suspension so  may put back to stock then decide on front just want nice clean front end  so can put 1" bars and do away with clocks  and bits its been changed to a bobber style not my doing i bought it that way

132346506627_1.jpg

The US got the G and the GL, which is what yours is. the yokes of the GL are different than standard. So, what JohnR said is correct on replacement units. Those units will function better, but will look about the same. Not sure what you mean by clean look.