Carb needle widget

Blue

Nothing wrong with nylon. It's used in plenty of engineering practices because of its resistance to wearing down through friction.  Can't see you having a problem with nylon as easier to get to grip the needle and stay in place. An alloy version might run loose on the needle and cause it to wear which is what you're trying to avoid in the first place! 

Any drawings of said widget? Might be able to get a few hundred run off some nylon rod by my cnc guy if they actually work. :)

How effective are these in reality? From my understanding, the needle sat skewed to allow for air speed pushing it towards engine while running, thus alleviating wear. As we know, this has induced wear on the intake side of the tubes so will this just switch the wear to the engine side of the tubes?

Guess time will tell

So its kinda at "the jury is out" stage.... Will be interesting to see how well these work over time. Can't fault someone for trying. Although you do have to wonder how much of an issue it actually is. My last street bike say what now!? which was a daily hack and annually covered 10-15k miles easily for first 5 years, only ever had emulsions changed once in its life time with me and had it 10 years. After a few years away, just bought another 750 tho.....