GSX11ET

On 30/09/2017 at 6:49 PM, bigyellowthing said:

And which gasket sealant?

Is Yamabond the best, if so which product?

Anything with a 'bond' suffix is just threebond in a different tube at an even higher price than generic threebond (which isn't exactly cheap).

7 hours ago, Dezza said:

Anything with a 'bond' suffix is just threebond in a different tube at an even higher price than generic threebond (which isn't exactly cheap).

+1.

You can get Three Bond for about a tenner for 250g.

Suzuki UK are selling the same thing for about £25! The picture in the Eblag listing shows a 250g tube of Three Bond! xD

Ray Debben told me to use Loctite Ultra Grey, now called 5660 I think, for about £8.

I'd go with Three Bond.

http://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/THREEBOND-1215-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-ENGINE-GEARBOX-SEALER-250G-TUBE-/111912846248?epid=1589024092&hash=item1a0e8683a8:g:ONIAAOSwZjJU7aiO

be canny ref: the hone and new rings fix - its often not the fix your looking for ending up with a slappy piston that drinks oil

you can end up with too much piston to bore clearance whilst still using pistons that maybe the route of the problem via worn ring grooves and chucking out a set of rings that are probably still in service ref: end gap clearance

my experience is - if you feel the need to rotate something inside the bore - rotate it enough to fit a bigger piston

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...