Unknown B12 engine fire it up or investigate further

Reddragon

• 2 weeks later...

Tatty powerscreen oil cooler coz that's all i had to hand , filled it with oil, pulled tbe leads and cranked it for about 10 secs 3 times to get some oil around the top end (y) hooked up a car battery and gave each carb a squirt of easy start ............ nothing. Pulled a plug, no spark,  checked one on tbe other coil, weak spark :( . Cleaned the coil terminals, cleaned the earth and wiggled the clips on the battery , tried again a few pops , promising i thought, realised i didn't have the choke out 9_9 pulled it out pressed the button and vrooooom its alive! :banana:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, micktodd said:

seriously good buy though (y)

I've done really well so far bargain wise, the rolling frame was £250 from fatblokeonbandit already fitted with the banana swingarm and usd forks and came with a box of bits then

Engine £51

Loom and CDI £53

Coils £12

BSR36 Carbs £48 

Switchgear £18 

Pegs,hangers,brake and gear change £17

Downpipes £50 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Didn't realise how long ago I posted on this,  still beavering away in the background but keep forgetting to take pics, I've just torn down the dry build ready for paint powder and polishing,  and I'm in it for  WAAAAAAY over the initial 1000 budget, partly due to custom yokes and a change to R1 forks , my assistant mechanic is sadly no longer with me , the big C took her in September last year -_-