anybody make efe jack up kit?

You can do it yourself if you've access to welding gear.  The small  bearing sleeve with the two lugs on it? If you fab up lugs very slightly longer, you raise the ride height. It's a bit 'Trial & Error'. But, after you do it the first time, you'll know if you've gone too long! So, just tack things up to begin with, until you're happy with the height. You could make a pair up with multiple holes at different centres, pick the height you're comfortable with, then fab up a pair to that length. Saves you making a few sets! However, it might make the handling more 'squirrelly' if you've stuck with the 16" front. Good excuse to go 17". Sorry I can't be more specific, but I did this years (and I mean Donkeys) ago, and the exact measurements are lost in time! I do remember though, a little extra length gives a lot! Be conservative! Maybe when you're successfull, you'll post the length up for the next man? I'm sure I have a spare linkage somewhere if you want to experiment, and not bugger yours up?

Edited by Swiss Toni
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I used the extended link until my standard shock became unserviceable so I used a Hon#£ VTR shock bought cheap on Eblag, has two  eye ends but the top one needed trimming down to fit in and the spring is very close as it passes through the swingarm. The shock bolt is in shear and uses the same bolt so in my opinion no reduction in safety. Been on a few years without snags, and the back end sits a little higher on a standard linkIMG_20170519_153301451.thumb.jpg.c0b31bb78bb78d7c9f60621ec0b71bc5.jpg

• Like 1

Vtr1000 around 99 if I remember , you had to trim the end in pick 1 by a few mill either side to fit in the bracket fork, bottom end pic2 straight fit and pic 3 shows the spring runs really close to the swing arm think I polished it a bit ha ha but the geometry clears as the shock compresses and could possible rub if you jump hump back bridges ...

IMG_20170815_195947675.jpg

IMG_20170815_200003418.jpg

IMG_20170815_200022724.jpg

Edited by jacktar01
correcet info
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, boilerdude said:

could possibly rub at full extension you mean. Or you mean if I come down hard and bottom it out it may rub.

pretty sure the vtr1000 was largely unchanged throughout its production run. could be wrong but I bet theyre all the same.

The spring clears the swing arm opening as it compress under load, you sitting on it opens up the gap due to the geometry of the levers, spring moves fwd... and could rub on the opening if the swing arm has no load at all allowing the arm to drop and the spring move aft...jumping hump back bridges.