FCR39s

I can see most peeps opt for Mikuni RS36 or 38's for obvious reasons of availability and cost. I've always planned to get some for my project. However, I do have a potential source for some horizontal FCR39 carbs at a good price - (they also come with some velocity stacks and are fully refreshed, which save a few bob). I have read everything I can on their use with late Oil Cooled motors ... but cannot really find any obvious comparison between them on the internerd. Any "they are way better" of "they suck" comments before I throw money into them.

The GSXR1100M motor will be going high compression 1216 in the foreseeable. I have a push pull throttle. I have no idea whether the carb mounting changes from the standard carb rubbers (any one know)? Anyone have any experience directly with them?

I've got RS40's currently on the 1460 but have FCR41's as well. The FCR's are a nicer and i'd say better engineered product, slide sticking is not an issue due to the roller slides and they don't seem to rattle as much. One rack cost £300 the other £650 so go figure why! Both go into std 'M' 40mm rubbers with a bit of lube!

On 08/04/2017 at 4:08 AM, boilerdude said:

The lack of a choke is annoying. You have to have your pilot circuit just right or the bike will either be super cold blooded. Or if you have it towards the rich side to make sure the fucker starts without overheating the starter every time... Then you'll be using more fuel...

I thought you just twist the throttle once to squirt some fuel in! Then hit the start on a closed throttle?

• Like 1