1990 GSX750F Engine swap

shadowfax

I had the whole bike, used the 1100 carbs, 750 loom coils, 1100 cdi just plugged straight in, all the 750 stuff and 1100 loom is going in my kat, best trying to pick up a while bike and break the rest, 1100 power screen I would say the cheapest to pick up, the dot head 750 is not much short on hp of the gsxr 750

You can use the gsx750f carbs on any of the oil cooled motors just used the gsx750f carb rubbers as well.

I know the zorst of the 750 will fit other 750 and the 600 but the down pipe's are shorter than the 1100 and b12 ones, but never tryed swopping the sumps etc.

Had yours gone bang? If so and its got a DOT head get a b12 motor put the DOT head off your 750 on it and have some fun (y)

Well, done some more investigating and the cams are pitted, probably due to 2 washers on one side and none on the other making it run dry. The existing fuel filter was horizontal and the pipe was a little kinked so got shot of. The air filter, don't think it had ever been changed, looked clean on one side but the other .... errr no. Done the valve clearances, balanced carbs, new plugs and she is running so much better. Think I'll wait and get some more miles out of her. The other half was in mourning as she thought she was going to have to go ............... the bike otherwise known as Delilah (cos she is mine mine mine Delilah) 

Edited by shadowfax
  • Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:45 PM, Gsxwilf said:

Can I fit GSXR 750 WR front forks to my 1999 GSX 750 f ,. I wasn't sure about the length ,. 

Short answer "YES" :tu

Long answer... yes but you need yokes, wheel, discs, calliper's spindle and speedo drive, they are long enough as I have 750 L front end on mine, same length,  and its fine, maybe even a bit long, im going to drop mine 10 mm to aid turn in.. 

Gratuitous pictures of flying teapots...:D:D

o5jhx2j.jpg

Im7gBO2.jpg

yOFZcw8.jpg

• Like 1