longer gs forks

dirky

hi   

havnt built in a while and clearing out the spares shed I,ve got the urge again.

20 years ago I built a gs850 jacked up like a mx bike. front springs were raised with internal slugs.6inch extended swinger. I,m trying to reproduce it but more up to date and lighter.

I have a gs750 frame gs750 motor  b6 motor gsxf600 wheels  yokes swingarm and back break so far.still goin throught the shed.

could do with advice on what forks to buy to raise the front. if I buy gsxf forks they will fit straight in but be too short.

I,m loosing height already using the bandit wheels over the gs but I want modern rubber.

are there any other models in the range that had more fork length but will still fit the wheel. 

would I be better using gs750 forks then adapting for the bandit wheel. are there any modern yokes that fit the gs750 frame and forks instead of the old cast steel ones or should I just sleeve down the gsxf yokes to fit the forks.

it,s a lot of questions but ive brought the wrong stuff so many times hence the shed full of stuff.

cheers for any input   dirk

cheers  for the info.appreciated.

the more I remember that bike the more I remember I used to fall off it when I stopped at lights. think I might go for a lower road trials like idea and just slug the gsf forks internally.

can anyone tell me the difference between a gsf600 and a bandit motor.if I put gsx carbs on my gsf will it be gsx spec or are the cams differnet too?

also   the gsf600 swingarm is steel. I need to shave a bit off the sides and shorten the sleeve tube between the bearings to get it to fit the gs750 frame. is the 1200 version in alloy a bolt in swop ?

cheers