Crankshaft chop...

Zepp

what i meant was. I know of people who have stroked gsxr cranks by moving the journals and welding them up and they havent been as stong as the stock crank. Hence why i said it would only be worth doing on a press together crank like a gsx. But as you said. Even then it may not work for the effort involved.

The stock cranks can take alot of power. Ive put approx 300hp on mine no probs and i plan to go more. There was someone in the US who made just over 500hp on a stock crank. 

Is reworking the crank worth the effort? Id personally say it isnt

probably not worth it but I'm going to do because I think I can, no other reason. 

• Like 1

Ok Curve ball why not use a gsx "aircooled" bottom end "as pressed crank is easier to reindex" B|

and then fit the oil boiler head to it......as Oil Boiler head is easy "ish" to fit......................B|

can fit the block as well but that does make it harder to keep cool...................9_9

Simples ............9_9

• Like 2

Ok Curve ball why not use a gsx "aircooled" bottom end "as pressed crank is easier to reindex" B|

and then fit the oil boiler head to it......as Oil Boiler head is easy "ish" to fit......................B|

can fit the block as well but that does make it harder to keep cool...................9_9

Simples ............9_9

no cheap air cooled stuff about. 

Right. I've got the crank out and doesn't look too difficult to cut. Not sure of the best way to join it back though. I'm thinking probably a couple of very high shear dowels fitted between the two bits and a deep 'V' root weld followed by further passes. 

Guess I might find out the real reason of the name "Big Bang" engine. 

ps. I do have pics but no matter what I do it keeps saying they're too big! 0.39mb image ends up so pixelated that it legal looks like the old Space Invaders game :-(

I hope your crank skillz are better than your picture posting skillz

I'm using an iPhone Viz. all my pics are on this and tried the app that is posted up by Ash but it gives no indication of size in Mb, only in pixel or mm. 

Never been any good with photo stuff on forum boards.