1340 oil feed

colinworth79

Depends on whether the crankcase opening up boring has broken through into the oil transfer gallery? GSXR's aren't so critical as the old GSX cases as 1340 is only a 3mm increase in bore radius whereas the GSX were using 4-5mm rad increases for a big bore. Also it helped cooling keeping oil out of the 'hot' block but as the oil boilers have pretty uniform temps throughout its not so critical. External lines can be done, but i've never seen it done on a oiler block.

I ran a 1340 big block lump in my b12 a few years ago which I got from another site member, which still ran internal oil feed to the head. For peace of mind (just for bling really) fitted external oil feed to the head with out blocking internal one (same as turbo oil feed supply). 4 oil pipes 1 up from ignition cover to right front cam rocker  just linked to the next one then round the back of the head to the other side.lump 1.JPGlump 2.JPGlump 4.JPG