airz1988

Hi everyone the bike I am riding at the moment is a Suzuki gsx600f, the guy I bought it off turned it into a naked bike and put rental bars on it instead of the clip on bars that are usually fitted to the bike, meaning the handle bars are further away from the carbs meaning my accelerator cable is stretched!!! It revs on its own when I turn the handlebars to the right!!! Just wondering what cable do I fit to stop the problem?? Maybe something 4 inches longer?? Any help is much appreciated :) thanks in advance.

I've done a few. GSXR11's, H@yabusa etc that didnt require longer cables. Normally get away with rerouting them. Different side of the top tube, head stock, fork legs etc. Even with Renthal 789's my H@yabusa runs factory throttle cables, both switch gear looms and fast idle/choke cable.

If this isn't possible (and you have a half decent bike shop near by) take the old cable(s) in and ask for the same plus an extra (what ever required) inches with the same ends. I've run some cables from odd bikes like GN's etc that were ideal. A smart and helpful stores guy makes this less of a drama. 

Never had a cable made yet. 

Edited by Tony Nitrous
  • Like 2

to be honest im looking for a second hand good condition one i dont really want to be spending tens of pounds on a cable where i could just buy a second hand one so i will do what you suggest tony and see what bike shops suggest and i will also research the length and fitting for a bandit vizman and see what i can come up with as a cheap fix, im not strapped for cash but the bike is a bit of and old girl and a brand new cable would cost me a third of the price as my bike did in the first place xDxD thanks guys :)

• Like 1