Efi conversion on Bandit turbo

Hi all .Looking for advice on conversion to efi.Thinking on going for microsquirt and 03 gsxr 750 throttle bodies.Basically looking for what parts to use and what needs to be done.I am in Canada so not many people do this here.I know it is not exactly a simple conversion so what are the the things to be aware of .Trigger wheels ,sensors ,throttle body spacing etc etc.I know a lot of you guys have done this already so just want to hear of everyones experiences in this type of conversion.Thanks in advance.

Have you tried search already? ;)

Microsquirt should be fine. 750 throttle bodies are probably good choice as well but better to check dimensions before buying. 600 ones might be easier to fit in intake boots. Most likely you need to adjust spacing any ways, old GPZ1100 TB's are only ones with correct spacing that I know.

For crank trigger it's probably easiest to use original pickup and make new wheel for it. I would recommend 24-2 pattern though 36-1 might be easier to source. For engine temp I would mount sensor on the head or cylinder block. I have been using a generic NTC thermistor from electronics shop glued on 6mm ring terminal and mounted on cam chain tensioner bolt. If it's normally aspirated engine any air temp sensor will do, boosted engines need fast reacting one. (Edit: Just noticed there is a turbo mentioned so you need a fast reacting air temp sensor. Bosch 0 280 130 085 would be my choice.)

I'm too lazy to write complete quide here but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask. I might have some suitable base settings for your case somewhere on my hard disk if you need them at some point.

Edited by Arttu
  • Like 2