swingarm options for '92 750w?

Hi guys,

Re: swingarm swaps, is it worthwhile changing the banana style for a braced design?

I have a '92/'93 750w. After a moderate stack with a cager, I've had the bike completely stripped. Frame and swingarm sand blasted.
Unfortunately, the current arm has a bit of a gash from where the exhaust hit.

I was going to polish it, but hasn't happened in 2 years. so gave up... so going to the powder coaters. So I guess I need to make up my mind.

I don't have much of a clue as to what will bolt in or even if its a worthwhile upgrade... though I can't say I like the look of the banana arm.
Though I'm a little worried I would have to replace all of the linkages or even the shock. Isn't a huge issue except it already has a nice ohlins damper.

Cheers

banana.jpg

Thanks guys.

Just called a few of the local wreckers here in Sydney... and no luck. Apparently these are quite sort after. One of the largest wreckers here sold one not too long ago for $600 AUD...

I know I don't have enough posts, but do you guys think if I ask admin nicely (pretty please) they can let me have access to the classified section?

My wife is moving in from overseas in about a month, so I need to spend my cash and build this thing before she can stop me :D 

Nice idea!

Those will be much easier to find. Would there be much work getting it to fit?

I have to admit though, the '95 swingarm is sexier though :D

So which admin will i need to grovel to so I can look at the buy/sell section?

28 days left until the mrs takes over... :stop: so pressure is on to get this done haha

Edited by KoroKoro
  • 1 month later...