Dry Clutch

Any Dry clutch experts here? I have an LTD 750 motor in my 87 GSXR race bike, however at only 750 cc its just not powerful enough so i am popping a nice and freshly built 1100m motor in, should spice things up a bit. 

My question is will the clutch from the LTD fit the 1100 motor? or will i need different (longer/shorter) gearbox shafts.

13266042_10154172473599948_4031697484369731653_n.jpg

• Like 1

1100 might kill the 750 gear cluster, dry clutch i think has a longer shaft compared to wet. Doubt the 1100 would kill the clutch itself.

Having said that, i recall a particularly heavily modified 750 slingshot in a mag down here years back, had a big bore 1100 with big flatties and alot of work done, 750 gearset and the LTD dry clutch setup, RGV fairings on it just to fuck with people. Don't recall them being too worried about the clutch.

10 hours ago, canamant said:

I don't know the availability of those clutch plates but if available they will be expensive.  Why not preserve the 750 as is and put the whole engine on the shelf and just fit the 1100 with its wet clutch ?

Ebc stock them :)

• Like 1