Resurrection 3 - Magnum two rises

Busa Ash wants to see a pic of my bike now it is back on the road so here it is. It will run like this for the Summer and then if there is nothing nasty happening, such as a leaking fuel tank, I will fit the fairing and have it painted.

IMGP0409.JPG

• Like 6

Yes, they are cut down standard pegs. The bike was involved in a heavy crash in 1990 (details available on request), which resulted in both footrest plates snapping. I had them welded back together but also managed to get some good standard plates. These plates are the damaged ones trimmed back. The brake pedal, which was also repaired after the spill, was modified again by gav at GIA. He cut off the old bit where the pedal goes and welded on a new bit so the new brembo master cylinder could be mounted on the cut down plate. The mc is mounted on a small milled bracket made by gsxrsam from this forum - it simply screws in where the eccentric adjuster for the pedal goes. The gear change side is standard Harris, just the plates are cut down. Sam did this and also milled out the recesses in each plate to tidy up the 1990 welded repair.

• Like 1

Thanks Ash. The wheels are Tecnomagnesio - a now defunct manufacurer taken over by Marchesini in the late 1990's I think. They are magnesium alloy and are fairly light, to say the least. The exhaust is a bit of a hybrid. The headers, flanges and collector are by Exhaust Craft, in Cumbria. They are ultra-well made and I cannot recommend EC highly enough. And they are fairly cheap. The can was made locally to me by Classic Custom Fabrications. It's really good, but not quite as good as EC. CCC are really good at getting the 'arty-farty' aspect right though. I basically wanted a rep[lica of the genuine Harris 4 into 1 I have that is made for the magnum 2 frame. Unfortunately, the original pipe will not fit with a wider than standard swingarm. Oh, the pipe uses an original Harris race baffle, so it is made of bits from 3 manufacturers.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...