can I swap 6" rear wheel for bandit? gsxr1100 wheel?

Is there any 6 inch rear wheels that swap in place of the bandit 5 1/2 inch rear wheel? Will it rub the chain or any other big reason not do do it? Aside from there's no effective reason to. Yes I know the 180 works just fine but wider looks cooler. I'm sayin just a little bit wider you know. 190. 6 inch wheel... For that proper superbike look out back.

How would I going about this? Which year and model gsxrs had 6 inch wheels and can they go on a bandit? And preferrably straight spoke. Like bandit front wheel... 

11 minutes ago, MeanBean49 said:

can be done but its not easy, busa wheel is 6" and gsxr 1000 but the sprocket offset is 10 mm different so its a pain to get the chain run right and wheel central, you need to machine bits to do it properly. and spindle is bigger.

If the offset required is 10mm then a 3/8" offset front sprocket should solve that - used to be available from Debbens? You could use a 520 chain although i'd make sure it was a decent manufacturer and bearings can always be swopped around / changed entirely to get over spindle issues - just a lot of faffing around!

Offset sprocket would do it but iirc chain either fouls the inside of the frame or is very close. Top hat spacers are easy enough to get spindle right. I have 5mm machined off sprocket carrier, run a talon sprocket on backwards and a 2mm spacer behind front sprocket. Its very doable just takes a bit of work

• Like 2

cant acess my old thread i did onhttp://www.banditforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=89993.0http://www.banditforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=69811.105 this on this bloody podpad thingy, if you can wait i can send you all the measurements and stuff on how to sort the sprocket offset and diffeance in k series swinging arm pivot width. :tu

must go if the wife catches me using her pod i stead of lying on the beach she will kill me!!!