Got myself an RG250 mk1

• 3 years later...

https://youtu.be/7FeVIg2P1x8

All done. Needs paint but that can wait. I wanna have some ringating ting fun. The belly pan REALLY needs new paint but I'm liking the style with it fitted so much I don't want to remove it. 

Had to make the brackets for the belly pan myself as they're unobtainable unless you wait for ever then pay with a limb and a kidney. Bonus with making them myself was instead of having to drill holes in the mid panels to take the screws I instead made them so they hook over the inner lip. Once tightened the thing is solid. I really couldn't bring myself to drill holes in panels.

• Like 3

And yes those are chinese CBR mirrors. They thankfully have elongated holes so they fit. Trying to find some that fit is hard work but CBR ones seem the norm for these now. Unless again you pay daft money and mostly from yahoo actions. 

I've cleaned up the original screen as best I could as I didn't want to put a new one on if I've not had a respray. Had to fit a new clutch as although it worked initially I left it standing and it wouldn't free up so I just replaced it.

Calipers all rebuilt and painted, replaced rear m/c as again it seized up good and proper through lack of use in my garage. A better set of end cans fitted, still with scratches but no road rash like the originals. New battery, Bridgestone s, throttle cable as the oil pump cable had snapped. Full rear mudguard fitted (dam 80's hooligan styling). I have a solo seat too that needs paint and a pad.