Got myself an RG250 mk1

My mate had an RG 250 mk1 in his shed but he's a Yamaha man. Well after getting me to part with £800 its mine and in my garage. Needs a few wear and tear things replaced and a general clean and service and I can get it mot'd. Its that or strip it down for a deep clean and tidy things up with some paint which I could do when winter comes back round. {option}http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g396/paddy-b/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_20160330_21_URL]01_31_Pro_zps9qdhnbra.jpg[/IMGwatch?v=GKRoMSfbqxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKRoMSfbqxg

Edited by p4ddy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, p4ddy said:

oh yes, I can't stop starting it up to listen to it, dam it sounds good. I love taking its picture too. Its very photogenic lol

The wife wants to take her bike test now so she can ride it too. I'd love that and can't wait.

my girlfriend went on the back of my hayabusa and i then got her a 125 did her full bike test and now she has a 650 bandit she really likes the biking world now

• Like 1

What I like about a yamagama or gammaha build is it involves no butchery. So it can be returned to stock without evidence of the conversion. Thing is I really like the distinct rg engine tone. It is literally the same sound as the 500 but Iess if that make sense

6 hours ago, et1170 said:

That was a bargain mate , been looking for a mark 1 . looks in good shape too, jealous !

Yea she's not too bad. Bit grubby but she'll clean up. Has a couple of thing to sort like a fairing screw snapped in its mount and the nose cone has a crack which he gaffer taped over. The gaffer tape gak left behind is more of an issue than the crack.

Started to strip it down but hit a wall when trying to remove the tank. Need to mark all the hoses and drain the oil and fuel tank first. The fuel tap on this is frame mounted which I've never seen before.

WP_20160403_20_25_00_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

GS500 (among others) also have frame mounted fuel tap. In the bottom of the tank, where the tap would "normally" be, there is a small tap which you can turn to "off" with a flat screwdriver. This way draining the tank is not needed.

Migth be the same on the Gamma, look at it from the right side.

Edited by Captain Chaos
  • Like 1

The carbs are out but fuck me!! The person who designed the bike really does need to be shot. They are the hardest to remove ever. Excuse the pic quality, whilst the laptop is out of action I have to take and upload via my phone.

WP_20160404_18_38_55_Pro.jpg

Edited by p4ddy
On 01/04/2016 at 9:55 PM, Mar71n said:

If I remember right the MK2 had a twin disc so that might be where it came from.

A YammaGamma O yes.

On 03/04/2016 at 2:41 PM, p4ddy said:

What I like about a yamagama or gammaha build is it involves no butchery. So it can be returned to stock without evidence of the conversion. Thing is I really like the distinct rg engine tone. It is literally the same sound as the 500 but Iess if that make sense

On 03/04/2016 at 2:41 PM, p4ddy said:

We'll have no  non Suzuki engined Suzukis  here :stop:move along...............(I tried :pimp:  )