Final (IN)Sanity Check

Hello all,

After going cross-eyed reading Frankenstein’s guide I have an Eblag cart put together to resurrect my blown up 98 GSX-750F, rebuilding it into a monster.

Crank: ‘90 GSX-1100F with ConRods $114

Jug + Pistons: ‘92 GSX-1100G $64

Head: ‘92 GSX-1100G $127

Head and Base gaskets: $54

CDI: TBD

I’m sure the 98 750F carbs are not ideal, but I’ll run em for now.

Am I forgetting anything obscene? I know I’ll need other gaskets and circlips, but BIG THINGS PEOPLE!

Thanks!!!

The 750 carbs with matching intake rubber boots will be fine they should be 36mm the same size as gsxr1100(some)  and bandit 1200 , and 98 on should be bsr the same as mk 2 bandits but check and maybe contact dynojet or factory pro for jets and needles ,are you building this with the 750 6 speed box? And cases ? , as I thought that build needed a short stroke dot head 750 cases ? And I believe the 98 on ( baboon's arse ) are long stroke 

Edited by DAZ
Added text
3 hours ago, Duckndive said:

If your using a Gsx 1100f "Powerscreem" crank you will need the matching "Helical Gear" clutch basket as well 

Still got the basket from my 750F, so all good there.

5 hours ago, DAZ said:

The 750 carbs with matching intake rubber boots will be fine they should be 36mm the same size as gsxr1100(some)  and bandit 1200 , and 98 on should be bsr the same as mk 2 bandits but check and maybe contact dynojet or factory pro for jets and needles ,are you building this with the 750 6 speed box? And cases ? , as I thought that build needed a short stroke dot head 750 cases ? And I believe the 98 on ( baboon's arse ) are long stroke 

That’s a relief to hear. I read on Frankie’s guide that any 750 box will work?

What D & D says. The 750f clutch basket won't mesh onto an 1100 powerscreen crank, because that is the only oil-cooled Suzuki engine with helical primary drive gears. You'll have to use the powerscreen clutch basket too. Overall with that list of parts, wouldn't it be cheaper and less grief to fit an 1100/1200 engine?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Zentucky said:

Still got the basket from my 750F, so all good there.

That’s a relief to hear. I read on Frankie’s guide that any 750 box will work?

But

1 hour ago, dupersunc said:

Main bearings are different sizes between crank and crank cases you are proposing.  

@dupersunc Is the short stroke crank the same size main as the long stroke crank? Is it possible they're different sizes ? I'm not 100% ,but I'm thinking the 1127 barrels spigots won't fit in the long stroke cases ( ie long stroke smaller bore vs short stroke bigger bore ) 

@Zentucky Unless you specifically want a six speed box , and most people will tell you a 1127/1157 doesn't need one because they make plenty of torque, by the time you've nickel and dimed  you're way through the build it'll be easier and probably cheaper to source a complete engine, but you're after a challenge fair enough 

1 hour ago, dupersunc said:

Main bearings are different sizes between crank and crank cases you are proposing.  

Dang it! Guess I’ll just rebuild it as a 750F. My whole thought process was, “these parts are around the same price, might as well slap the 1100 stuff on.”

2 hours ago, Dezza said:

What D & D says. The 750f clutch basket won't mesh onto an 1100 powerscreen crank, because that is the only oil-cooled Suzuki engine with helical primary drive gears. You'll have to use the powerscreen clutch basket too. Overall with that list of parts, wouldn't it be cheaper and less grief to fit an 1100/1200 engine?

I 100% agree. Thing is, I wasn’t able to find an engine near me (Fargo ND) that would be suitable. There is a bandit 600 motor a few hours away, but I’d rather gouge my eyes out.

1 hour ago, DAZ said:

But

@dupersunc Is the short stroke crank the same size main as the long stroke crank? Is it possible they're different sizes ? I'm not 100% ,but I'm thinking the 1127 barrels spigots won't fit in the long stroke cases ( ie long stroke smaller bore vs short stroke bigger bore ) 

@Zentucky Unless you specifically want a six speed box , and most people will tell you a 1127/1157 doesn't need one because they make plenty of torque, by the time you've nickel and dimed  you're way through the build it'll be easier and probably cheaper to source a complete engine, but you're after a challenge fair enough 

I didn’t *specifically* want the 6 box, I was attempting to reuse as many parts as I can so I can hit the road again on tight money. If an 11/1200 motor does turn up near me for a fair price, I’m slam dunking that hoe in. Otherwise? I’m rebuilding the 750 motor.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Dezza said:

Fargo: cool. Loved the last series :) Been to Minn and SD but not ND.

Honestly? You aren’t missing much :tu

To everyone else, Thank you! Especially big thanks to dupersunc! Saved me ~$400.