Oil cooled engine leaking oil

Well, got a bit of time yesterday to do a bit of work on the gsx1100f Hellcat :banana:  as it was running and just needed a bit of tweaking before I moved, I decided I'd fire it up balance the carbs etc. 

But after it warmed up it started pissing oil out but can't quite tell if it's from the base gasket or the oil drain pipe (LHS) 

It wasn't leaking before, so not sure if the new o rings in the drain pipe has just gone hard O.o as it's had a couple of warm ups before it got put into storage or what.

Any ideas before I start taking the engine out?

1 hour ago, wraith said:

Well, got a bit of time yesterday to do a bit of work on the gsx1100f Hellcat :banana:  as it was running and just needed a bit of tweaking before I moved, I decided I'd fire it up balance the carbs etc. 

But after it warmed up it started pissing oil out but can't quite tell if it's from the base gasket or the oil drain pipe (LHS) 

It wasn't leaking before, so not sure if the new o rings in the drain pipe has just gone hard O.o as it's had a couple of warm ups before it got put into storage or what.

Any ideas before I start taking the engine out?

di you use genuine O rings on the drain tubes ?  none genuine ones are known to leak. 

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

Hardly sheared an oil drain o-ring on assembly?

Happened to me. Didn't let go for about 2 weeks, then no stopping the leak from a top oil drain tube.

Yes, this is what I'm thinking has happened :| but this is going to have to wait till end of summer before I start taking the engine out, didn't get to do much riding last year with house move etc so if it stops raining will be riding the other bikes before i start getting stuck in to the project ;)

6 hours ago, BillyR said:

Can you stick some kitchen roll on the suspected areas and spin the motor over? Might give you a better idea of where its coming from.

Had to let the exhaust cool down first but yes looking like the o rings :| 

• Like 1