Hi my first time posting so sorry in advance if I’m in the wrong area? I have a gs850 trike that is in need of forks and I’m really struggling as to what will fit and what won’t? Any info would be extremely helpful thanks in advance 

Thanks for the reply . Had a look but a bit baffled still as the chart is all gsxr and mines a gs850 1979? I know they are 37 mm but that’s as far as it goes? It says on another site that that the bigger gs 1000 fit and also the Yamaha xj900 f too so trying to source some of those but that’s not easy either lol the joys of the hunt.

Posted (edited)

Welcome! Re your forks. Depends what you want to do/spend! The OEM forks were a spindly affair at the best of times. Seeing as it’s a trike, how about looking for something far more ‘meatier’? I’d be looking at RWU forks initially, that compare with your length. USD’s will be a bit more expensive, and for the length you need, a bit thinner on the ground. Go for a complete front end. A bearing change at best, at worst, a stem change. Still no biggie! Don’t bin your yokes just yet!

And, iirc, I gave @wraitha set of GS1000 fork legs, and lower yoke a while ago. If you ask him nicely, he might part with them!:banana:

Edited by Swiss Toni