7/11 Questions

I bought an 88 slingshot 750 frame and swingarm and want to build a 90’s style 7/11 and i have a couple of questions.

Frame has no engine mounts but im wondering will the 1127 or 1157 fit in standard 750 mounts or will things have to be changed and is there any limitations to what carbs to use or any height issues.

What front ends fit slingshot frames? Have my eye on a complete early r1 complete front end, anyone ever done it?

Posted (edited)

All oilcooled (except gsx1400 for the pedants :D) have mounts in the same positions so all will fit , the only difference being the 1127 +1157 varieties have 12mm bolts for the bottom rear mounts so either drill the mounts or sleeve the cases with a piece of tubing 12mm o/d 1mm wall thickness.

Don't know about the R1 front but a stem swap and fettling of the lock stops would seem likely . 

Edited by DAZ
Bleeding predictive text
14 minutes ago, DAZ said:

All oilcooled (except gsx1400 for the pedants :D) have mounts in the same positions so all will fit , the only difference being the 1127 +1157 varieties have 12mm bolts for the bottom rear mounts so either drill the mounts or sleeve the cases with a piece of tubing 12mm o/d 1mm wall thickness.

Don't know about the R1 front but a stem swap and fettling of the lock stops would seem likely . 

Does it matter which is done? 12mm engine bolt would be stronger but is it a big deal?

Also, if anyone has drawings or measurements for these mounts it would be greatly appreciated

6 hours ago, James425 said:

Does it matter which is done? 12mm engine bolt would be stronger but is it a big deal?

Also, if anyone has drawings or measurements for these mounts it would be greatly appreciated

You can either drill the frame or sleeve the hole in the engine, doesn't really make much difference either way. I'm sure plenty of R1 front ends have been swapped on to these bikes, stem and/or bearing swap and sort the steering locks.