VM 29 Smoothbores.

Just now, Gixer1460 said:

Maybe GS1000 rubbers might work or are they bolt on?

I'm not sure, I think they're the same set up but can't remember if they are whether the head side ID is the same. It's a very long time since I had anything to do with a GS1000.

On 4/25/2024 at 4:20 PM, Gixer1460 said:

Maybe GS1000 rubbers might work or are they bolt on?

The GS has bolt on rubbers, Doesn't the GSX have seperate inlet tube type rubbers with a jubilee type clamp at either end? It's a very long time ago I worked on a GSX

If they are like the GS, I can measure the inside bore of the inlet rubber for you. I'm taking my carbs off today. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, andyroach said:

The GS has bolt on rubbers, Doesn't the GSX have seperate inlet tube type rubbers with a jubilee type clamp at either end? It's a very long time ago I worked on a GSX

If they are like the GS, I can measure the inside bore of the inlet rubber for you. I'm taking my carbs off today. 

I just couldn't call to mind if the GS were bolt on or tubes as per the GSX. (y)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, imago said:

In my defence I haven't been that far into a GS1000 for a couple of decades. O.oxD

You and me both. As of a few weeks ago I am now the owner of a slightly tatty Alloy tanked GS1000, so I'm now up to my armpits in carb issues and electrical gremlins. 

But I'm making progress, even if it is of the one step forward two steps back kind.