85 GS700ES Petcock left on prime fuel catastrophe

Hey guys been a few with work but back to work on bike. Rebuilt carbs and filled tank put in storage for a week and got back out to work on and noticed fuel leaking out of carb so I knew I left prime on. Engine filled up with fuel also. How should I clean it out? Thanks for any help

Okay gotcha so with diesel install drain plug fill in required amount (same as oil amount) then drain? or just leave the drain plug off and flush it right through? just making sure. Appreciate the quick response

I think what I will do is leave off drain plug and filler cap and oil filter for a few days then fill it up with new oil and let it run until it's warm then change it again with another new oil & filter...overkill but I will feel better. Thanks for the help guys

not long after getting my 750 I did the same as you.. but i was after changing the oil a few days earlier and the oil looked like it had been changed recently so I kept it .. was gonna use it in an old lawnmower.. so I flushed mine with the old oil I had changed ..then new oil and filter for the bike.... lawnmower got fcuk all ....and their both still going 6 yrs on....lol

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ccroaker said:

not long after getting my 750 I did the same as you.. but i was after changing the oil a few days earlier and the oil looked like it had been changed recently so I kept it .. was gonna use it in an old lawnmower.. so I flushed mine with the old oil I had changed ..then new oil and filter for the bike.... lawnmower got fcuk all ....and their both still going 6 yrs on....lol

I use my old bike oil in lawnmower :)

• Like 1