3 hours ago, colinworth79 said:

K5 is 207mm  I have one sat here . Think there all the same up to k8 just the offset changes .

beat me to it and its the offset that catches folk out when buying a single yoke :tu

as breakers just say there all the same mate :stop:

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 1

@Hacksawmadwill CRMC let you run non period mods as they can be a wee bit strict in my experience or is it a new class?

Only asking as when I was looking at classes for my slabby race bike they were funny about non stock RS flat slides and wheels that were from much newer non era bikes, hopefully they have seen sense or made a class for the likes of us :tu

46 minutes ago, Simbec1863 said:

@Hacksawmadwill CRMC let you run non period mods as they can be a wee bit strict in my experience or is it a new class?

Only asking as when I was looking at classes for my slabby race bike they were funny about non stock RS flat slides and wheels that were from much newer non era bikes, hopefully they have seen sense or made a class for the likes of us :tu

I think you correct in saying that, so what I am planning to do is run two front ends stock for CRMC & Modified for Bemsee & FPR/NGRR or if I can get on with the stock brakes then I will stick with the stock set up.

• Like 1

@Simbec1863glad you brought this up just looked at the reg's not allowed to change carbs??

POST CLASSIC SUPERBIKE CLASS ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES.

Overview: Post Classic Superbike class is for production- based machines manufactured and available prior to 1st January 1995.

CYLINDER CAPACITIES FOR POST CLASSIC SUPERBIKE:

750 Superbike: 4 stroke only. Maximum Capacity is 750cc for 4 cylinder & 1000cc for 2 cylinder.

FRAME: Only the original manufacturers standard frames are permitted. Bracing is permitted. Standard parts that bolt to the frame may be removed. E.g. Headlight subframes, centre stands, footrest brackets and lighting brackets.

FORKS: Forks must be as available & used in the period. Internals free from restriction.

SWINGING ARM: Must be the manufacturers original fitment to the main frame. Bracing is permitted. Modifications to enable the fitment of wider tyres are not permitted.

ENGINE: Cylinders may be re-bored to a maximum of 1mm oversize. Crankshafts may be balanced. Cylinder head porting is permitted. Camshafts & valve train may be modified. Starter motors and generators may be removed.

TRANSMISSION: No restriction.

CARBURETTORS & FUEL INJECTION SYSTEMS: The method of fuel delivery must remain as used on the make & model of machine in the period. Only carburettors & fuel injection systems available in the period are permitted. Modifications to choke size, jetting & fuel mapping is permitted.

AIRBOX: Free from restriction

IGNITION SYSTEM: Free from restriction, but see INSTRUMENTS and CONTROLS section below.

EXHAUST SYSTEM: Must meet the ACU sound limit requirements but is otherwise free from restriction.

INSTRUMENTS and CONTROLS: No out of period digital dashes, but digital temperature gauges may be used. After market rear sets can be used. Gear quick shifters, traction control systems, anti-wheelie & other out of period control systems are not permitted.

WHEELS: Wheels may be 16, 17 or 18 inches in diameter. Wheels may be original fitment or period aftermarket products. Any type of wheel which was available and used in the period can be used. Wheel sizes may be 16”, 17” or 18”. In the interests of safety and availability, modern wheels that closely resemble wheels used in the period may be used.

TYRES: Shall be in accordance with both ACU Standing Guidelines for Road Racing Club events. Moulded treaded tyres only. No slicks or tyre warmers. Moulded ‘Wet’ racing tyres are permitted. The maximum tyre width is 190mm.

BRAKE CALIPERS: Either manufacturers original fitment or period alternative brakes are permitted. Remote master cylinders are permitted, but radial calipers & master cylinders are not.

DISCS: Period type. The maximum permitted diameter of the disc is 320mm. No carbon discs.

BODYWORK and APPEARANCE: Should be in keeping with the period & reflect the period look.

ROAD EQUIPMENT: All ancillary road equipment must be removed. i.e. all lighting units, horn, mirrors, stands, pillion equipment, etc.

MANDATORY RACE FITTINGS:

As per ACU Road Race Standing Regulations.

Its a bit bonkers I looked into it with other clubs and they say oh you can run period 17" wheels but can't run anything bigger than a 160 rear tyre....

Can't bore out original carbs to 34mm or run RS flatties which these days are cheaper than 1980's VM29's its nuts.

FPR are the right club to run with and CRMC are great as long as they will accept the bike mods, think what you're planning to do makes sense but it shouldn't be that hard to go racing.

Standard non radial brakes are fine as long they've been refreshed(new seals,pistons,lines and decent race brake fluid) I could outbrake modern sports bikes on track days no probs with them on my old Blandit race bike with dual carbon pads and a fartblade master cylinder, my lad ran the same in an old 600 steeley he came 3rd at Castle Combe in FP3 on it a few years back :)

You'll just have to recalibrate your brain if you've been racing with the 600 axe murderers :tu

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 1