Wieltronics/HPI Programmable CDI... Junk? Pt 2.

Not sure why having a picture of the part instead of a link is better, but hey, if that's the call... 

It's a CDI. Seems pretty obvious. It's made by Wieltronics, which as far as I can tell is actually Horse Power Inc. Tunable with 2 switchable maps.

Since a lot of you are from the other side of the pond, I was wondering if you've used this companies products and if they turned out to be worth it or just more cheap crap?

Going onto the bike pictured. COP conversion will be done as soon as some other clips arrive and the loom is finished and I'd like to get the CDI sorted out ASAP so I can run it. 

s-l1600.jpg

IMG_20150307_164439_zpsngg3kucg.jpg

Edited by NearCanadaFighter

As they won't deliver to the UK (figure that out as they are only in Belgium!) then its unlikely anyone has used one in the UK! Can't see the point of an 'on the road' switchable ign. map, actually is - maybe running too much compression that needs good fuel and you can only buy crap? Personally i'd just avoid 'making progress' till I got decent fuel !

Hi, i'm using one on my gsx-f 750. been running it with the quick shifter for 2 years now without any problems. stock style coils tho. HPI makes some very good race ignitions for 2-strokes, I've been using them for years on my race scooters.
Imo it's a expensive unit if you want all the options. i will be going the dyna route for my next build.

Definitely good info guys, and exactly what I'm looking for. 

I just finally finished the wiring for the c.o.p. last night so I'm about ready to get this thing fired up. 

I'm gonna do some reasearch on the ignitech units for this bike too. Seems like the ignitech could be run after swapping to a 1100 motor later too. Dunno about the Wieltronics unit being used on both. 

Thanks for the responses!

12552746_1960013590889723_4621138148524917747_n.jpg