Hello for Illinos

tbutler

Hi, I used to follow this forum about 12 years back, I never made a post but learned a lot about old Suzuki's. I was a Norton, BMW and BSA kinda guy, Mopeds and mini bikes that said I always kinda wanted a gs. I stopped riding bikes when my first son was born and stayed away for 20 years. Old urge resurfaced around 2008 and I bought a 83 gs1100 that had been sitting disassembled since 1986. The bike had 3k miles on it, guy had spun the bearing in the transmission tore it apart bought replacement bearings and stopped. I put it all back together with the information of this site and others, thanks. my wife got mad at me for spending so much time on the project that she let me buy a more modern bike, the blackbird. the Gurls blouse has been sold and I am all Suzuki again. the 83 gs is 1260 with slingshot head and cams 06 gsxr forks braced frame and 1st gen hayabusa swing arm 1978 gs 1000 tank hayabusa foot pegs Dayna ignition and coils.

ryutyhmfb.thumb.jpg.dda25f64070a409ff4177b1e5d67be4b.jpg

Edited by Captain Chaos
it's a onda
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...