gs1000 cooley/yoshi tribute

mgttz

hello there, ive come across a few  intresting bikes on Eblag im intrested in.   and thought id try get some background on it. its been for sale for ages granted not a lot of people have 13 grand laying around to spunk on a 45 year old toy. ive always wanted an old suzuki  particularly a gs1000 as my dad has them but i dont think id be too excited about a standard bike. basicly its a toss up between two bikes im intrested in, one is the gs thou and the other is an xr69 rep with a gixxer11 based motor.  is anyone familiar with either of them, id imagine the gs is a fairly well documented bike. thanks

12 minutes ago, R1guy said:

For the money I’d go for the other xr69 on the ‘bay.

Alternatively, you could build a helluva gs1000 track special for £20k

i do like the xr69 type builds. this ones running an oil burner in fairly decent spec aswell. im not to familiar with snt, the company who is behind that iteration of an xr. im well familiar with harris, trident ect. anyone on here familiar with snt engineering up in the north east?

7 hours ago, slayer61 said:

Since I'm spending YOUR dosh :banana:  I'll have the XR69 please. The Wes Cooley has been done to death. What's it called.... ah.. a clitorus. :D

trouble is there not easy to find O.o.  theres another wildcard into the fray. ill probably get my first minor bollocking for this as im in the aircooled section and the topics drifted somewhat, an xr11 replica ive seen. grabted its ben up for sale a good few months assuming they havent updated there inventery but thats with lusso veloce. i  might start a seperate thread in the geberal chit chat. heres a question thats not exclusive to the aircooled stuff i dont think but ive seen it on  many a tuned/race intended gs motor. whats that support called that appears to go over the front sprocket. it looks like some sort of outrigger/support

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 10:05 AM, mgttz said:

hello there, ive come across a few  intresting bikes on Eblag im intrested in.   and thought id try get some background on it. its been for sale for ages granted not a lot of people have 13 grand laying around to spunk on a 45 year old toy. ive always wanted an old suzuki  particularly a gs1000 as my dad has them but i dont think id be too excited about a standard bike. basicly its a toss up between two bikes im intrested in, one is the gs thou and the other is an xr69 rep with a gixxer11 based motor.  is anyone familiar with either of them, id imagine the gs is a fairly well documented bike. thanks

Did you get anywhere with this?

Bikes discussed in thread are all still for sale?

as far as i know both are still for sale. im thinking of going another route now though. gsxr7/11. idea is something along the lines of the f1 bikes with lightweight wheels, yoshi bodywork and flatslides/tuned motor.  went to see my mate yesterday who is running a couple in bhrc and got me thinking. time to do my homework on oil burners i think.  i have a while to mull it over while my house is sold so anything i say isn set in stone.