Oil pressure switch

chris78

Hello I'm very new to building bikes and I was wondering if anyone would know if the GS 1100 gl engine is oil cooled or not, my oil pressure switch has the sensor but than has two other nozzles that seem to be for the oil cooling. So would that be a modification that the previous owner added and if so can I add it for the stock one? Thank you 

17025761351253381945685568917633.jpg

If the engine is highly tuned or your in a hot part of the states. Otherwise a cooler is just for show and be better off with the standard switch. 

Welcome to OSS by the way and try putting this in the air cooled section as you'd probably get more response, as the GS is a air cooled engine ;)

2 hours ago, wraith said:

If the engine is highly tuned or your in a hot part of the states. Otherwise a cooler is just for show and be better off with the standard switch. 

Welcome to OSS by the way and try putting this in the air cooled section as you'd probably get more response, as the GS is a air cooled engine ;)

Okay and thank you I live in TN where it can get hot but I think I'll stick with the standard 

• 3 months later...
On 12/14/2023 at 1:11 PM, Duckndive said:

Its an Air Cooled Engine 

other pipes "it's most likely an aftermarket fitting" are for an oil cooler   unless US models had one as standard 

This is an after market part for an oil cooler. Stock is just a plate w/switch. I have both. My oil cooler kit came with a Lockart thermostat.