1980 gsx1100et/750 gastank the same?

Peterv

hello folks , looking for a gas tank for my projectbike (inazuma1200 with 80'slook)

I looked for a 1100 et tank , but found out that they are quite rare ore else very expensive , now I find that the 750 et looks exactly the same and they are more common and cheaper...

as I say "looks"  I have not seen one closer bye or had both to compaire...

The suzuki parts list says it's a differant number  , but where would be the diff?  volume?, underside/frame attachement?

Also I see that the 80 and 81 tank looks differant  , I much preferr the 80 tank by it looks , was there a reason they changed the ldesign after a year?

cheers

Peter

I dont think the ET tank will fit on a zuma frame !!!  they are very narrow at the front edge and the frame on the zuma splits off into two tubes,  with some mods it would go.  ?????? 

the 750 and 1100 ET tanks are the same BUT the UK got the larger tank, the US got the smaller (lower) tank.  but they are all interchangeable. 

you can see mine with the larger tank

20220707_142808.jpg.b3499a7a5c5d8b42e5f4bfe4d86d8bf9.jpg

On 11/12/2023 at 11:24 PM, TonyGee said:

I dont think the ET tank will fit on a zuma frame !!!  they are very narrow at the front edge and the frame on the zuma splits off into two tubes,  with some mods it would go.  ?????? 

the 750 and 1100 ET tanks are the same BUT the UK got the larger tank, the US got the smaller (lower) tank.  but they are all interchangeable. 

you can see mine with the larger tank

20220707_142808.jpg.b3499a7a5c5d8b42e5f4bfe4d86d8bf9.jpg

Cheers Tony

Yes I know I will have to modify the tank to make it fit a inzuma frame ,I allready fucked up a old completely rusted tank to see what neededto be done.

I removed the ears from the inside flanges an pressed the inside open with a vw car jack ,I had not thought thzt now the upper outside wouldcollaps...

As I said the tank was completely rusted so it had not much steel left inside

so next time I will make some sort of a clamp to holdthe outside steady and torch the inside flanges red hot before spreading them out..

you live and learn.....

This tank is now ready for the bin , so I looked for another one ,but just found a 750 tank ,so I wonderd if they are the same.

Cheers

Peter