Spondon Turbo Performance Bikes Mag 1986.

imago

1 minute ago, clivegto said:

Yes I've seen that build, might be a bit tricky with this one O.oIMG_20231026_200729.thumb.jpg.d18d013bc7abb8c3dd550a29c2fede85.jpg IMG_20231026_200714.thumb.jpg.a12a63768d7ea922c9140716150103b1.jpg

If you start cutting that frame about don't post any pictures of it on the internet. Chicken central would be surrounded by purists with pitch forks and torches. xD

• Like 1
19 hours ago, clivegto said:

Do you know how they got a spacer in for the lock-up clutch, perhaps they moved the engine a bit in the frame ? 

As I understand it "its well known that Bob was stubborn" so it was done with a bit of butchery and adjusting the engine position slightly it only need a few mm of clearance as if you look at a close up pic the frame / rear mount slightly encroached over the case ...

Bob supplied a longer stiffer arm with drag slots for the revised lowered version of the bike and i think he tried a set of raked yokes in it as well 

Apparently when he ordered the beam frame it was built with clearance for the lockup spacer  "I bet that was a very abuse laden conversation"  but that said he did a lot to promote Spondon  :tu

on a coax its a huge problem to overcome as the cover / engine is behind the arm pivot ... :stop:.   so best not to go there

18 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

A m8 with a mag4, similar problem - ended up cutting the offending tube out and remaking it with space!

Yes Jimbo with the Yellow Harris turbo had to have his frame modified for the same reason I think there's a pic on here :tu

pics are here 

unfortunately some the pics are photo bucket overlayed since he originally posted but still viewable and there are clear ones on page 3  

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 2