Crash bars

They didn't make crash bars for sports bikes back then. Bandit or teapot and you'll need to force them to fit. I've helped a friend mount them to an 87 and I'm pretty sure they were off an F. I wouldn't run them though, steel crash bar bolted to an aluminum frame, I know what's going to give first. If you're only trying to protect the engine, better off getting proper case covers. They're not cheap, but they'll protect the engine in a crash.

What's your goal with this bike? Seeing what the sports bike thing is all about? Having some fun on a nimble bike?

You don't really ever see old GSXRs with these crash guards, as they really limit the lean angle in turns. If you're trying to use them to mount highway pegs on the bike, you have the wrong bike. These GSXRs are not comfortable bikes, especially compared to modern bikes that are way more compact and upright. If you're nervous about dropping it because of the riding position, look into a bandit.

• Like 2