Keyster Carb Kits

What are your thoughts on Keyster carb kits? When rebuilding carbs is it a good idea to go with a carb kit or just replace o rings?

Any other kits available for a ‘78 GS1000 that doesn’t break the bank but comes with quality components? Has cycleorings.com changed websites?

thanks

carlos

I have used keyster sets many times with fine results. Change all o-rings and the float needle and seat and all should be good. NRP carbs are very good for harder to get bits. Don't bother to phone through any orders though, much quicker to order from their website. With keyster carb kits be sure to double check your pilots and main/emulsion tube jet sizes as not always a direct replacement for your particular carb set.

The Keyster kit looks like it’s good quality. The only down side is it did not come with an emulsion tube and idle screws were incorrect. I attached a photo. 

should the float needle valve have an o ring? It came in the kit but I’m not sure if it’s for that component. Last photo is the original. 

IMG_6115.jpeg

IMG_6114.jpeg

IMG_6116.jpeg

that o-ring is for the choke assembly if i'm correct.

Also, i believe the Keyster kit does not contain the tiny pilot screw o-ring and drain o-ring.
And if you upgraded the fuel tee and fuel vent tubes, it does not have the o-rings for those.

I used to buy my o-ring sets from Cycle Orings Robert Barr and will order the next kits from Ed Ness who took over.
Those kits contain all these o-rings.

Edited by Rijko