bhp

SFC

anyone have a guess what bhp my bike should be putting out , getting it on the dyno soon as weather clears up as its running slightly rich . bandit 12 mk1 motor with dothead and cams, duel ramair filters - stage 3 dyno jet - v&h sidewinder pro pipe (baffled) i am guessing about 125bhp ? dont want to run nitrous yet until engine is set-up right then i got 20 shot in each carb so i gather that will add 80bhp ontop or am i being optamistic.....what other mods would you recommend

Edited by SFC
2 hours ago, SFC said:

anyone have a guess what bhp my bike should be putting out , getting it on the dyno soon as weather clears up as its running slightly rich . bandit 12 mk1 motor with dothead and cams, duel ramair filters - stage 3 dyno jet - v&h sidewinder pro pipe (baffled) i am guessing about 125bhp ? dont want to run nitrous yet until engine is set-up right then i got 20 shot in each carb so i gather that will add 80bhp ontop or am i being optamistic.....what other mods would you recommend

I think fatblokeonbandit uses that set up.... think he gets more than 125bhp though

if the nitrous jet set at 20 BHP and remember these are very rough range estimates, then that is the total increase not per carb the best system is to have a wet nozzle fitted to each cylinder on the inlet side of the engine on a proper mount plate, rather than a single nozzle in the airbox as this cannot really be increased much before it hits its limit

Not knowing your installation - wet  / dry / fogger type etc. i'd warn you that if base line power is around 125hp and is got through compression then an 80hp shot of gas is liable to toast the pistons / valves. Found through experience that a 3/4 amount of gas over baseline hp figure on a 'prepped' nitrous engine can potentially cause engine damage - sometimes just a plug tip melting other times a valve or holed piston .........and its never predictable! On a 'non-prepped' application i'd stay moderately safe at 50% power increase!

Edited by Gixer1460
Additional wordage!
  • Like 1

its a wet kit with individual foggers going into fogger plates , i also have a nitrous controller to delay or pulse gradually over a given time so that should help, maybe i could change to 10 in each carb and see how it goes , will read up a lot more on settings before i hit the button , thanks for info its much appreciated

• Like 1