gsxr 1100m - fitting k series wheels, spacer sizes required

hello again. here's a longshot, but you never know, might be worth an ask. 

im looking to fit a gsxr 600/750 k6k7k8k9L0 rear wheel to my 1100m. swingarm

I was wondering if anyone has done this already, im sure they have....and maybe kept a note of the spacers required, to save me from dicking around with washers/ and or bit of pipe to determine sizes required.

thanks, i hope

I fitted one into a Spondon GSX Kat arm....which had a 250mm gap for wheel  and I think an L / M arm is also 250mm gap "well the L one in shed is" 

The Wheels you quote are not exactly all the same there are 5 & 6 bolt Cush drives  "the wheel I used was 6 bolt"

As I was using a 20mm spindle " L / M are also 20mm 

I swopped the wheel bearing's to a 52 x 20 x 15 "6304-2RS" on the disc side  and a 47 x 20 x 14 "6204-2RS on chain side

I also swopped the Cush drive bearing to a 58 x 32 x 13 "60 /32 -RS" or a "60 / 32-ZZ"

As The only way I could get it in was using a narrower "sealed "bearing between Cush drive and arm the Cush drive face also need machining to gain room  

are you planning to use the calliper and mount from the GSXR 600/750 k6k7k8k9L0 rear wheel  ? 

The attached scribble is my set up using the matching brake set up …the Eagle Eyed will notice the Cush drive spacer at bottom does not match the upper scribble 9_9 

But the bottom left is what's in the bike with one spacer from the wheel in question next to the arm  :) 

GSXR1000_WHEELSPACERSSETUP-Model.thumb.jpg.67a6d540a3c8e57324d75304d0bc2a78.jpg

I will need to mod my frame for chain but its a GSX steel frame so narrower at the swing arm than an L/M Aluminium Thing 

i can email a larger version if it helps 

There are pics here about 3/4 way down and on following page

Edited by Duckndive
added link
  • Like 2

looking at the k6/7 rear caliper it looks like the carrier doesnt have  a facilty for the torque arm, it looks like its the sliding type that fit the inside of the swingarm. the disc is also smaller in diamater 220mm to the gsxrs 240mm. i might be able to keep the gsxr 11s caliper the 600/750 disc, and use a TL1000s carrier ive got, which is for the same caliper as gsxr 11 and a 220 disc iirc.

my swingarm gap is 246mm i checked twice, but that includes the chain adjusters

im using the 5 bolt cush drive but im still waiting for it to arrive.

thanks Clive that helps a lot, could you email me the drawing as im struggling to read it on my laptop

ill pm you my email

• Like 1
1 hour ago, baldrick said:

looking at the k6/7 rear caliper it looks like the carrier doesnt have  a facilty for the torque arm, it looks like its the sliding type that fit the inside of the swingarm. 

yes mines the same I will need to sort a tongue arm some how to save welding something to the arm 

• Like 1

I fitted the whole package on an '89 arm.

All slingshot an W swingarms are the same at pivot and spindle area.

I did on a WC but do not have the spacer dimensions anymore, but here are a few tips :

- You need to machine the sprocket carrier down, basically down to the bearing, removing the shoulder where the seal goes.

- the sprocket studs need removing and replaced by low head screws, because the studs will fowl the chain tensioner bracket

- spacer on the sprocket side, between the arm and sprocket carrier is around 9mm IIRC

This is the arm i built with provision to use the K7 caliper carrier :

IMG-20230630-132005.jpg

I do have all the spacer details for this setup if you wanted to go down that route and update the rear caliper 

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, Joseph said:

I fitted the whole package on an '89 arm.

All slingshot an W swingarms are the same at pivot and spindle area.

I did on a WC but do not have the spacer dimensions anymore, but here are a few tips :

- You need to machine the sprocket carrier down, basically down to the bearing, removing the shoulder where the seal goes.

- the sprocket studs need removing and replaced by low head screws, because the studs will fowl the chain tensioner bracket

- spacer on the sprocket side, between the arm and sprocket carrier is around 9mm IIRC

This is the arm i built with provision to use the K7 caliper carrier :

IMG-20230630-132005.jpg

I do have all the spacer details for this setup if you wanted to go down that route and update the rear caliper 

Yes please mate, I want to run  K8 set up in a slabby with a metmachex slingshot arm

22 hours ago, davecara said:

Yes please mate, I want to run  K8 set up in a slabby with a metmachex slingshot arm

20 hours ago, recardo said:

+1  I've got a Metmachex arm for a 750L and looking to fit 750K2 or K3 rear wheel

PM me your email addresses and i'll get it together with some info. I need to think about some of it, it's been a while xD

• Like 2