considering my first et

steelelc

Hi everyone :) 26 here and considering my first et my old man an his bro have been going on about them

got a few 350 lc's 

but been on the hunt for info on the et's

few questions if thats ok

did the larger tank models come in black with the gold/ orange decals? should the decals be orange or black?

anything to look out for thats inherent on the et's are things like cam chain guides available had a look at fowlers but showing back order

also any handling diff between the 750's or 1100's ? :) 

Many thanks in advance 

Tom

Welcome.

ETs are a good choice. So you have a project bike already? Got pics? Obligatory habit on here to show off some pics every now and then! :P

In answer of some of your questions I'm talking Katana, but that's just another GSX model range. Frame geometry of 7,5 and 11 models is similar. Differences in handling by less weight of the smaller engine and the narrower rear tyre/rim-combinations if you stay stock is noticable though. GSX engines are more or less the same throughout the model range. Particular differences in generators, crank-shaft ends, cam covers and other minor things. (More differences if you look at the last GSX-eneration which is powered by the mighty GSX 1135 EFE engine. Most parts are still available - if not OEM there's still a good chance to have aftermarket replacement (both expensive anyway...) For cam chain guides have a look at the APE website (GS-Zone that is, as GSX is GS in the States). Robinsons foundry is a good address also, or CMSNL in the Netherlands.

• Like 1

Cheers mate looking forward to getting one :) 

my dad an his bro both had one each both had the 750's my dads bro's was trick compared to my dads, keep going on about some article they saw in motorcycle mechanics or bike in about 81  of a black one after there lc's got pinched some centre page spread that made them get it 

on the engines should the silver finish be painted or polished  sorry for all the questions guys 

Cheers,

Tom 

1 hour ago, Paulm said:

Never mind standard bikes,modified is the way forward,bin the old Aircooled boat anchor and away you go

image.jpeg

Et's rock indeedy but excuse me sir, bin the old aircooled boat anchor!!  Heresy and acriledge I say. Keep the old aircooled lump and fill it with big pistons and cams and you have heaven :) 

1260%20basking%20in%20the%20sunlight%204