Stock 1984 GS1150ES forks

Elimax

Hi everybody.  Hope you're all doing okay.

Here's my question:  My 1984 GS1150ES has stock forks, which I'd really like to retain, but I want to bring the performance up to more modern standards.  I've already replaced the springs with Hagons and replaced the oil with 15wt, but I'm wondering if RaceTech or any other companies make products that would improve the stock performance of these forks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much.

Elimax

Sorry. I think you got the wrong idea from my post.

I am NOT recommending RaceTech... or Ohlins. Actually the opposite. I think both those companies trade more on their name than their product.

For a couple of hundred more dollars more than RaceTech emulators you can get these from Maxton. Well worth the money IMHO. MUCH more adjust ability

If you are stuck on "emulators" talk to Lindemann Engineering... I think Jim Lindemann invented them. I have a bike with a Lindemann emulator setup from the '80s, before RaceTech was born

Maxton will make you a set of custom designed shocks for what RaceTech want for a off the shelf solution. (If you walk around the pits at the IOM/Manx GP there are more WINNING bikes with Maxton suspension than RaceTech and Ohlins combined).

If you want my recommendation: Read this cover to cover, so you speak the language, then go find a suspension guy. If you want a local suspension guy, go to your local race track on Sunday and ask around. If you don't mind shipping your stuff, I can't recommend anyone better in the US than Lindemann. I'm in Ontario,Canada, so my "go to" guy is John Sherrard of Accelerated Technologies. John is as good as anyone and the exchange rate works in your favour.

I have Racetechs they work well, if you're reasonably mechanically inclined and have a drill press you can install them yourself. If you're looking to keep an oem appearance this is a good way to go.

Both my rides are equipped with Racetech I installed one set myself and had the mechanic who does my important work install the other set as I was too lazy.

My mechanical wizard worked on the WoldSBK circuit and now just  North American  said Racetech is a wonderful bit of kit and I'd need to go to inverted forks before I find something better. And that was unbiased praise as he personally knows the Racetech boss and thinks he's a prick. Are there other systems mentioned as good possibly but going with the opinion of a professional tuner seemed like the safe way to proceed.