Gsxr 1127 k2 front end with slingshotwheel

Bransd25

Hi I have fitted a k2 front end to my slingshot L I have no issues with fitting the forks due to changing bearings, I want to keep my singshot wheel so i have also changed the wheel bearings to fit the axel on the new k2 forks, but I have found there is alot of space left on the axel and the disks don't fully fill the brake pads, I'm looking into fitting larger 320mm disks to fix the brake problem but wondered if anyone had fitted the original slingshot wheel before and had the sizes for the internal wheel spacer and side shims, I will be fitting a GPS Speedo 

Picture s to follow

• 2 weeks later...

I have the L wheel in K2 forks.

I machined up a new axle to suit the std wheel bearings, I didn't get an axle with the K2 forks. 

I fitted them in early USD clamps so the width is wrong. 

Machined some disc spacers to get the alignment right. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

update 

So I went ahead and found a k3 wheel and got it powder coated new bearings seals ect went to fit it yesterday and when i put the nut side hard against the fork, wheel on and the axel through and tighed up, im finding my caliper dont wont to go on and there is 20mm of the bolt side of the axel hanging out the fork, i have checked the calliper's and axel are off the same K1 1000 forks and all match I have also removed the wheel and made sure the wheel bearing are against the inner sleeve and all the way in, just trying to work out what has happend, the forks look straight also 

any help appreciated thanks 

On 7/29/2022 at 1:24 PM, TLRS said:

Don't say no one told ya ;)

Surly if I have a k1 forks and standard clamps form k1 and a K3 wheel it should fit, my thinking is I have the wrong axel for the forks, it has a 27 mm head 

I have an Allen key axel version on its way hope it fits 

• Like 1

Looks like a TL/Busa/Srad etc round spoke wheel which should have 130mm hub width. Gsxr K wheels have 128mm hub width so that could throw stuff out just a tick.

Axle resembles TL axle which was made for 214mm fork spacing. Lots of K gsxr's are 207mm spacing, so that could explain your +-7mm excess :v