24 bolt cam cover.

imago

2 hours ago, imago said:

Does anyone know what the part number is for the 24 bolt Katana 1100 cam cover? I need one for the head that I've put on the ET but when I look at Robinsons under the Kat section it offers "16 hole" or "20 hole".

I just had a look at the Robinsons GSX1100 ET 1980 - cam cover page, and that shows a cover with 16No general cover screws ( 2 + 14 + 4 ) Fiche items 3, 4 & 5 and then add another 4 for the breather plate - fiche item 12 . . . . . . . total 24No. !

So that cover part # is CYLINDER HEAD COVER (11171-49203)    -    Old Part Number 11171-49202

2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

I just had a look at the Robinsons GSX1100 ET 1980 - cam cover page, and that shows a cover with 16No general cover screws ( 2 + 14 + 4 ) Fiche items 3, 4 & 5 and then add another 4 for the breather plate - fiche item 12 . . . . . . . total 24No. !

So that cover part # is CYLINDER HEAD COVER (11171-49203)    -    Old Part Number 11171-49202

If you click on the little camera icon next to that one it shows the actual gasket, and it's a 20 bolt gasket.

I believe the 24 bolt is from the later Kats and they added four bolts around the cam chain chest to stop some issues they had with leaks?

Got to be careful with the Kat ones, mine is a 1981 production  bike registered in early 1982 ( definitely an SZ model )  which I have owned since 1984 when it had 3000 miles on the clock  ,it had silver bodywork and the silver  motor yet it has the later 20 bolt gasket with the 4 extra cam chain tunnel bolts which Suzuki reckoned was a mod that came in with the black painted SD engines along with the other engine changes