Oil cooler location. With a intercooler

Jdeac

I have some pics on the pc I could locate ......mine was a 90' gsxr 1100 turbo as well......but the cooler  I used was a setrab 19 row iirc  and positioned on almost a 60 degree angle ( bike was lowered so needed the tire clearance).....just above the front of the swinger pivot and just behind the seat latch .......fan was off a 04' R1 . 

4 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Well it isn't a race bike, it was built for the road and it is the only cooling. Mind you it does have a billet bespoke big block with extensive finnage so that helps!

I take it the alternator is alright with the extra current draw of the fan along with the other EFI gubbins?

5 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Well it isn't a race bike, it was built for the road and it is the only cooling. Mind you it does have a billet bespoke big block with extensive finnage so that helps!

I'm just wondering where to place the oil cooler. Leave it in a standard place and have an intercooler in front of it, or move it somewhere. My block is 1127 standard (1216). I might be able to use second small oil cooler, but I would like to leave the headlights in their place).

9 minutes ago, Pasis said:

I'm just wondering where to place the oil cooler. Leave it in a standard place and have an intercooler in front of it, or move it somewhere. My block is 1127 standard (1216). I might be able to use second small oil cooler, but I would like to leave the headlights in their place).

As my oil rad was curved, having the IC in front of it wasn't an option + personally, sticking another radiator in front of a cooling radiator seems counter productive to me! As my IC is about 2/3rds the area of the oil rad and 2" / 50mm thick, its difficult to fit anywhere 'inconspicuously' LOL!

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Seems to have coped ok - having a big battery helps balance the loads, it was a DMS 700 equal to a Varley Red Top 25, 20A/h, 230 CCA.

I might just try and fit my dual pass cooler there then, struggling for space due to my turbo being high up for gravity draining

right….,. from what I can see on your bike … that battery needs to be in the swingarm, plenty of space in front of the wheel . Had my battery there on my 6” over swinger …… free’s up alot of realestate under the seat . rubber mounted of course .  the cooler should follow the same angle as the frame spars that go from the pivot to the top ……. fan on the inside just below where the battery sat .