Cams

From memory the rocker ratio is 1.5 so that 0.5mm increase in cam lift translates to +0.75mm of valve lift. Unless the pistons had an excess of clearance, that increase may cause interference - only a dry build will give the answers! Sometimes you have to use what you can get and cutting an additional 0.5mm valve relief in your pistons isn't the end of the world!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, clivegto said:

I would use the 1000 cam wheels. To do it properly they want slotting so you can dial them in, this would also give you a safety margin to advance or retard them if valve to piston clearance is an issue. 

Agreed on the slotting (although I use slotted wheels on everything i've ripped into!) but using them to gain valve clearance is counter productive IMO. You slot the wheels to obtain correct valve timing - if that cannot be obtained due to interference, then cure the interference, don't skirt around the issue and compromise the valve timing.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Agreed on the slotting (although I use slotted wheels on everything i've ripped into!) but using them to gain valve clearance is counter productive IMO. You slot the wheels to obtain correct valve timing - if that cannot be obtained due to interference, then cure the interference, don't skirt around the issue and compromise the valve timing.

Yes agreed although the movement of the cam wheels could work to advantage the motors piston to valve clearance when set correctly.