Think I need a new battery

wraith

Battery was flat so took it out to put it on charge and found this 

IMG_20210218_134409338.thumb.jpg.8a8d6b58795f245e1eacefc360a5a4fd.jpg

IMG_20210218_134438785.thumb.jpg.b41a260d44426fc891436f23a8d1e05a.jpg

Battery not quite flat in shape, so I put a old battery on and jumped started it from off the car, then checked what the charging is 17+volts.

So I think I may need a new rec/reg as well.

Just can't remember the best one to get it was on here at one point. I do a search and if no joy ask the question.

• Like 1

Just as well you checked. If you had replaced with an Li battery without checking your charging output, it may have all ended in tears. I just changed my RR to a new Electrix job I got off of someone on here for a snip. I thought that continuing to use the original 35 year old efe RR was pushing my luck a bit.

• Like 2

I don't see the Polaris Mosfet regulators talked about as much as on other sites.   The Electrical Engineers on GSR use to say they were best.   The problem was determining real from knock off on the auction sites.   

https://www.roadstercycle.com/Shindengen%20Mosfet%20Regulator%20about.htm

Most buy them used, as they seldom fail.  I don't have specific models of bikes that have the ones compatible with GS Suzukis