Pulled these off my WR.

They have been sitting on bike stored for 12 year, needless to say the were shagged. I stripped callipers and ordered new seals. On arrival of the seal kit the new kit (for suzuki GSXR 750 WR 1994) 4 seals were one size and 2 smaller. (mine are all the same size) After contacting shop where i bought seals, he said callipers must have been changed for Kawasaki ones at some point??? No hassle as he gave me right seals.

Was just curious as I would have said these were bikes original callipers.

URL]IMG_2646_zpsj0cgevbh.jpg

Edited by skunkrider2

You are right. My six pots all had the same size diameter pistons. I bought new seals from Wemoto and they came all the same size, we also made a whole new set of pistons on the lathe at work and used the same diameter for all 6. My GSXR is the 94 WR model same as yours ( yours should have the blue anodised front fork bodies? ).

Unless someone knows different , I'd say your supplier is wrong? ( I'm learning to never assume I know anything until at lease several people on here have verified it;)).

Yeh your right, mine has blue forks. Its no major problem but he was adamant that they were ~Kawasaki callipers.

Pistons were in great shape (as are the callipers to be honest) Is a different matter for the rear thought. Had to drilled holes in rear to get pins knocked out (as per normal) One piston is good, but the other is scored and is still stuck in that half of calliper. Looks like I'm going to need a replacement piston.

• 2 months later...
On 26/10/2015 at 1:37 PM, skunkrider2 said:

Pulled these off my WR.

They have been sitting on bike stored for 12 year, needless to say the were shagged. I stripped callipers and ordered new seals. On arrival of the seal kit the new kit (for suzuki GSXR 750 WR 1994) 4 seals were one size and 2 smaller. (mine are all the same size) After contacting shop where i bought seals, he said callipers must have been changed for Kawasaki ones at some point??? No hassle as he gave me right seals.

Was just curious as I would have said these were bikes original callipers.

URL]IMG_2646_zpsj0cgevbh.jpg

I bought my busa new in 2004 and when I went for new seals it required 2 sizes, it was a us import, took them off and fitted 4pots off a bandit and 19mm master cylinder off an sp1, much better feel 

• Like 1