How tight is it - I'll ask the audience jeremy

Ok so putting a 1052 crank in a 750 case quadruple checked the codes and ordered the shells ok dry build with plenty of oil on the bearings and thinking it should spin over pretty easy considering there's probably some wear on the crank journals--- no.

Putting a spanner on it felt like a full motor when turning it.

So got some dubious plastigauge (was very brittle don't know how old it was) checked the clearances and found roughly and I say that cause the 0.064 and 0.038 were on the high and low side just was closer to those than the other

L-R

0.05, 0.05, 0.064, 0.05, 0.038, 0.05

image.png.50920ddb1bac3eee26cb1d1328b64191.png

So service limit is 0.08 so their all in limits but damn hard to spin the crank.

The only other crank I've ever replaced was an old RG with roller bearings so don't know how these are supposed to turn out.

How tight (hard to turn over) are they normally?????

2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

With no rods and pistons - two fingers easy!

What does a 1100 crank achieve in a 750 apart from a really long stroke combination - not one i've heard of before?

That does not sound too encouraging .......... might have to find a dial gauge.

have rest of bits to build up a 1052 with dot head was a bunch of stuff left over from a previous put together, from my original 748 cases