oil cooler ?

alboo

nearly finished my kat 7/11 started to fit the fairing and it clashed with the oil cooler (which is the standard 11f ) so after making all the brackets etc  i amlooking at having to replocate it OR find a smaller neater one.

after drooling at all the bikes on here their does not seem to be a consistant and i have seen some neat looking ones which are a lot smaller than the truck type that i have 

any thoughts  suggestions  opinions for what to use and were to get them from.

Regards Alboo

If you are getting an aftermarket cooler, then it is often best to get the cooler first and then see how the hoses can be routed before buying the fittings. It's quite common to rush in and buy everything all at once and then find you need fittings that have a different angle. Also, coolers are going to be either AN8 or AN10. AN10 fittings are pretty big and look really cool but for this reason it's obviously more likely they'll present clearance issues. AN8 coolers are easier to find on the cheap too. The unit for a main cooler is about 310 mm wide and you're going to need a 19 row cooler. Finally, coolers are 50mm thick. It's a doddle to make your own bespoke brackets with 3mm angle aluminium rather than use universal (and expensive if branded) brackets.

Edited by Dezza
  • Like 1
On 6/5/2020 at 11:30 PM, Dezza said:

If you are getting an aftermarket cooler, then it is often best to get the cooler first and then see how the hoses can be routed before buying the fittings. It's quite common to rush in and buy everything all at once and then find you need fittings that have a different angle. Also, coolers are going to be either AN8 or AN10. AN10 fittings are pretty big and look really cool but for this reason it's obviously more likely they'll present clearance issues. AN8 coolers are easier to find on the cheap too. The unit for a main cooler is about 310 mm wide and you're going to need a 19 row cooler. Finally, coolers are 50mm thick. It's a doddle to make your own bespoke brackets with 3mm angle aluminium rather than use universal (and expensive if branded) brackets.

Brackets are easily made of flat bar, if you have a welder..

• Like 1