The inner workings of the EFE Clocks

ZenViking

I was wondering if someone in here had some intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the EFE clocks?

I had a little sit down to figure out all the different wires and color match ups etc and was left with 2 wires going in to 2 separate singel connectors above the speedo sensor.( Black/Red and Brown/White). Not sure what these 2 do? Are they for the ODO backlight? According to the Wiring diagram they go from the clocks down to the turn signal control unit.

IMG_8073.thumb.jpg.d6306ceb6a4c255ae779345dcd838cbd.jpg

What market bike were the clocks taken from? Also which exact model 'EFE' (E)? I ask as I know there is variation among 'EFE' clocks and the locations of the plethora of silly lights can differ between clock units. I have had 2 sets of EFE clocks and they definitely differed in the locations of the idiot lights so the wiring feeds for each must also have differed. Sorry if this complicates things:(

I have identified 14 of the 16 connectors and they are not the Indicator indicators (it's a word now Askamaskinservice) ;)

The bike is a 86.mod originally EF from Sweden imported to Norway in 88 Dezza,  but i don't know if it is from the UK, US or the Euro market. I have had a look at 2 or 3 different wiring diagrams that are on the internetts and it's seems to me that these 2 wires go to the distance sensor, but i don't understand why they go from there to the turn signal control unit.

• 4 months later...