Help finding GS400 parts

Res

Hey all!

Recently purchased a GS400. Seller listed it as a 1984. Bike is stamped GS400e manufacture date 1982, ownership lists it as an 83, which makes sense. Trouble I'm having, no parts sites seem to have GS400e (or any 400 for that matter) listed under that model year, only 450. I know the 400 was phased out with the intro of the 450 but most GS400 parts I found are listed as fitting up to 1981 models. Just trying to find out what model # of clutch cable to purchase has been a pain. Are most 450 parts interchangable with 400 of the same year? Did they even exist in the same year?

Sounds like it's a GSX400, or GS400 in the US.

The GSX400 superseded the GS450, which superseded the GS425, which superseded the GS400.

I believe the 450 then came back again, before evolving into the GS500, which was also available in some countries as a smaller version, the GS400!

The GSX400 became an 8 valve head, and also there was a change to a plain bearing crank at some point.

Thanks folks,

I checked out the link, it's almost a perfect match for the GSX400e, so that must be it. Maybe just GS model in Canada. 

Interestingly enough, I found a lot of GS450 parts sheets do seem to look like a close match as well. I guess a lot of the parts wouldn't have changed much.

Clutch cable on the way!